Tuesday, December 27, 2016

ASK GOD FOR YOUR FUTURE

“Remember the things I have done in the past. For I alone am God! I am God, and there is none like me. Only I can tell you the future before it even happens. Everything I plan will come to pass, for I do whatever I wish." (Isaiah 46:9-10)

See what this scripture is saying "... Only I can tell you the future before it even happens..."
God is specifically mentioning our future and how we can get to know it - by listening to him. He says that it is only Him (God) who can tell us the future and he does this before even the future itself happens. This is particularly what God was saying when He said:

"For I myself well know the thoughts that I am thinking toward YOU, thoughts of peace, and not of calamity, to give YOU a future and a hope." (Jeremiah 29:11)

There is a future that God thinks of us. It is not about calamity or evil things. But a future consisting of hope and prosperity. That is what God is always thinking of us - me and you. But the question is: how do I get to know my future? Isaiah 45: 11 say:

"Thus saith Jehovah, the Holy One of Israel, and his Maker: Ask me of the things that are to come; concerning my sons, and concerning the work of my hands, command ye me."

So God is welcoming us to meet Him and "ask of things that are to come". This is the grace that we have been given through Jesus Christ our Lord. We can approach God in His holiness and ask for what the future holds for us. And the good news is that God is willing to " tell you the future before it even happens."

We, therefore, have no reason whatsoever to continue working blindly. We have the chance to know what is in the future through prayers and asking God. So why not take the step and know your future? Is it not so pleasing to work in the path that you know its ending?

Those who are children of God are no longer under darkness, for "we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God" (1 Corinthians 2:12).

For that reason, don't get into 2017 blindly. Use this time to ask God about your future and what2017 have in store for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment