Wednesday, March 1, 2017

LIVE THE STORY THAT GOD HAS ABOUT YOU



Praise the Holy Name of Jesus Christ!

We often wonder around with life trying to figure out what we should do and what we should not! Invariably, we are engulfed with thoughts about what job fits us? What kind of life we should live? Who we should marry? What business suits our financial position? And so much more. Indeed, we have many questions than we have answers.

But, did God really create us without knowing what the future holds for us? Definitely, NO! He knew us before were formed in our mothers’ wombs. He certainly knows the path we are supposed to take and its end. Psalms 139: 16 says:
​​​​​​​Your eyes saw me when I was inside the womb. ​​​​​​All the days ordained for me ​​​​​​were recorded in your scroll ​​​​​​before one of them came into existence. – NET

The good news in this Bible verse is that God saw you when you were still in the womb and he ordained (designed, predestined, wrote, planned) all the days of your life even before a single of them had come into existence. This means that, before God allowed you to be born He had all the STORY OF YOUR LIFE written upfront and recorded in a book. To be more specific, it means that God has the script for each of us and He has put you on earth to play/live that story.

God is your life-story writer. You are the Actor.

That being the case, you need to know the story first and read the script for you to understand your position and roles in the play. We often mess up because we try to create our own scripts and live them. NO! That is not what God wants. He already has predestined your roles here on earth. He set your days while you were formless and has recorded all that is planned for you and how you should achieve them. What is needed from you is to read the script and act accordingly.

That is why God assures us in Jeremiah 29:11 that:
For I know what I have planned for you, says the LORD. I have plans to prosper you, not to harm you. I have plans to give you a future filled with hope. – NET

Hear what that verse says! God knows what He has planned for you! Waooow! This is good news indeed. But if God really knows what He has planned for us, why do we struggle that much with life? Psalms 139: 17 – 18 gives us the reason:
How difficult it is for me to fathom your thoughts about me, O God! ​​​​​​How vast is their sum total! If I tried to count them, ​​​​​​they would outnumber the grains of sand. ​​​​​​Even if I finished counting them, ​​​​​​I would still have to contend with you. – NET

The Psalmist is saying that it is so difficult for him to comprehend/or understand the thoughts that God has about him. Why? Because the thoughts of God towards man are too many to be numbered – they outnumber the grains of sand. This is undoubtedly the reason why most of us struggle with life. We find it difficult to understand or comprehend the thoughts that God has for us. Consequently, we fail to live the story that God has written about us.

So the Bible assures us that God has good plans and thought for us and He has already written them even before were came into existence. His plans are plans to prosper us. But we are not prospering because we don’t bother to find out what God has written about us. The only way we can take advantage of what God has written about us is by knowing exactly what is written about us.

Hear what the Word of God says in the following verses!
Psalms 90:12 So teach us to number our days, that we may apply our hearts unto wisdom.

Psalms 39:4 “LORD, reveal to me the end of my life and the number of my days. Let me know how short-lived I am.

The Psalmist is praying that God will reveal to him the number of his days so that he may know how short-lived he is. The purpose of this prayer was to help him apply wisdom to his days so that he could live within the parameters set before him.

Wanting to know the number of his days means that he wanted to know exactly what God had ordained for him in those days. Every single day of your life there is a story that God has written about you. And according to Psalms 139:16, that story is recorded in a book that is before the Lord God. Therefore, you need to get hold of that book and know its content for you to understand what your days have in store for you.

Precisely, that may be among the reasons for why God allowed us to ask for things that are to come. Isaiah 45:11 says:
Thus saith the LORD, the Holy One of Israel, and his Maker, Ask me of things to come concerning my sons, and concerning the work of my hands command ye me. – KJV

Remember that God is the Alpha and Omega. He knows our endings before our beginnings. This assures us that He knows exactly what our days contain and how we are to achieve each of the plans He has for us. All we need to do is pay the price of searching to know Him and know what exactly He has written about us.

Each day of your life is a single page of the book that God has written about you. For you to lead a successful life, you have got to know what is written on every page of that book. We have to live a successful live according to the will of God in each of us. I challenge you brethren to invest time to know what story is written about you in that book of your days.

Pray this week:
Dear Lord, I understand that you have written everything concerning me in your book. Forgive me that I have been living a life away from what you ordained for me. I ask that you will open my eyes and reveal to me that which you have written about me in your scroll. I am ready to follow your plan all days of my life. I ask that you will show me the things that are to come each day of my life. I pray this in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment